Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Self-indulgence: the Reboot

It's dissertation time in my world. To that end, I've begun cleaning my home obsessively, watching ted.com and looking for personal growth and productivity blogs to help me on my way. In other words, I've been procrastinating. I know, it's shocking to think of a graduate student procrastinating but that's where I am.

With that vague and mundane bit of background, I am committing to the writing process again. I commit to write every day, to edit every day, and to push that dissertation rock up my hill each day. I don't know if this will become a dissertation focused blog or if it will falter quickly--although I have my suspicions about which of these is more likely. But, as I as a line goes that I'm fond of using: Life is a game of remembering and forgetting. So, here's to me remembering to do my work when it isn't fun or very interesting.

I'll post again soon to talk about my dissertation, but for now know I am an anthropology student interested in communication systems and ritualized media in South Africa.

Fingers crossed, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment