Friday, September 14, 2018

Random Thoughts

Sometimes I drink to cry.

I see the world with clarity and sadness through wine-soaked spectacles.

Sometimes I drink to cry.

Toxic masculinity means it is hard to feel and express my pain and sadness in the full light of daytime sobriety.

I need another small drink and another small drink to make it okay.

Only then do I let it out.

My Grampa, My Gramma, My Grampa, My Friend, My Friend, My Kitty, My Friend, My Dad, MY Kitty, My Friend, My Friend finally can be mourned.

I see the world with an open heart and an open mind at night, by myself, surrounded by media of my choosing.

I envelope myself in heartfelt expressions of love and sadness. 

In the daylight these are scared away.

Now, they live.

Sometimes I drink to cry.

Sometimes I drink to write and  cry and say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment