Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 2 Post: Besides Me, What is this blog about?

The simple answer: I don't know.

People, despite what they think, are terrible predictors of their own future. And, being a people, so am I. I want this blog to serve a purpose for myself. I want to practice writing daily, follow that time honoured tradition that writers, write. Of course, as my 'about me' says, I am not a real writer. But, writing is a big part of the job of academics, and a skill I have taken forgranted for far too long. I don't know what I will write each day on this thing, or if it will be interesting to anyone but me, but I am going to write, edit, and re-edit posts. In short, this blog is a space to practice writing.

Could I do a journal? Sure. And I do sometimes. But I hope this causes me to practice more frequently.

Happy Monday everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I like it. Like most grad students, I pay good money so that at least one person will be contractually obligated to read what I write, pay attention to it, however briefly, and then provide me with the positive reinforcement I crave like a junkie, i.e. grades. There's an awkward period of transition when the grades stop meaning anything but you can't yet make "under" graduate students read your work, have them praise it uncritically, and then feed it back to you in term papers in their own words. It's an uncomfortable time for all of us, full of psychic pain and symptoms of withdrawal. So A+ for you my good friend. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete