Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 12+1: The dumbest thing I ever said?

In case you are wondering, I'm not superstituous, I'm just trying out a new base 12 numbering system. I figure we should make some use out of memorizing the times tables up to 12--screw base 10 I say.

The dumbest thing I ever said? (Or, at least in the top dozen).

I was at dinner with friends a few years back, just after Leonard Cohen's son had released his first album. The first single was getting some play on Much Music and I remember being pretty into it--although having listened to it again recently, it ain't that good. I also had / have a bit of a man-crush on Leonard Cohen. There is something about a fair to moderate looking dude who still manages to be a genuine ladies man that I found quite compelling.

I was thinking about Leonard and his poetry which explores the play of the sacred and the profane and couldn't figure out why he named his son what he had. So I asked the table of friends:

"Is Adam a biblical name"?

As soon as the words were spoken I remembered. And the great thing about friends is they don't forget things like that. Especially a bunch of literature loving dorks like I was hanging out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment