Thursday, April 23, 2009

Regaining my footing

Amongst the things that makes me, me is that I am a short term obsessive. I do not have anything in my life I am continously enthralled by, but I am prone to bouts of obsession over a huge variety of things.

Lately, the topics of my affection have been, hip hop artists (especially Jay-Z and the RZA), hockey retirement ceremonies (especially Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky and Trevor Linden), and linux distributions (Linux Mint 6 is sweet). These topics have exactly one thing in common--they are tools of procrastination.

Sometimes, my tools of procrastination double as useful tools--recent indoctrination into the GTD blogosphere. But mostly, they are a continuation of my theoretical fascination with people. I find people endlessly fascinating when I don't have to interact with them. Yet another reason I am in grad school.

No comments:

Post a Comment