Thursday, April 24, 2014

Quick Stanley Cup Playoff Thoughts: Day 9

Tip the slow wrist shot from point wide of the net and bounce it off an unsuspecting Red Wings defenceman--classic Iggy. Okay, no. But a goal. Huzzah. And one game closer to taking out the goodie two-shoe team from Detroit.

I think it was nice of San Jose to give a return blowout as a gift, and moral victory, to the LA Kings. I guess professional hockey players, many of whom are Stanley Cup winners, don't like to be embarrassed too many games in a row. LA won't come back, but I'm glad to see a spark of life from them. And, it was nice to see a spark of life from that incredible waste of world-class talent Gaborik.

I guess MacKinnon can be stopped again. Twelve shots. That is embarrassing. I can't wait for all the wannabe stats people to talk about regression and how they saw this coming. Perhaps take one course in statistics and learn about sample size and the numbers it takes to predict things before you claim you saw this coming.

I think I'm done with the first round. The teams I'm, sort of, pulling for are on the brink of going through. The exciting and close series I don't care about. I'll still watch and still come up with inane commentary but let's get on with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment